De-risk & accelerate your high-stakes projects
When you think of your high-stakes, market-facing innovation projects, do you have a sense of peace… a feeling of complete confidence? Or would you consider buying a small insurance policy to de-risk and accelerate some? The AIM Institute can show your teams how to do both… and maximize financial returns while they’re at it.
Right now your projects face landmines ready to blow up budgets, schedules and reputations. The only question is whether your teams will see them in time. After all, no one steps on a landmine they can see.
The AIM Institute has teamed up with Cameron Associates, creators of Discovery-Driven Planning, to offer a 2-day project de-risking workshop.
On Day 1, your team learns de-risking methods—Consumption Chain Mapping, FAQS Inventory, Certainty Mapping & CheckPoint Planning—using a simulation.
On Day 2 they’ll apply these to their project. The workshop ends with a clear plan to strip away uncertainty and boost success.
When you’re ready, contact us for a free 1-hour consultation to talk about your project, and how we might help.
Public De-risking Workshop
What’s the best way to see if our de-risking methodology can help you? That’s easy: Attend our next public workshop. You’ll be amazed at how much you’ll learn in this one-day simulation workshop (identical to the “Day 1” workshop above). View agenda. In 7 hands-on exercises you’ll learn how to…
- Generate risk factors
- Create a consumption chain
- Identify FAQS (facts, assumption, questions, surprises)
- Use Minesweeper™ software
- Properly rate Impact and Certainty
- Interpret a Minesweeper “Certainty Matrix”
- Categorize 6 “buckets” of risk
- Build a CheckPoint plan
- Communicate your de-risking plan to management
- De-risk completely unfamiliar markets
How will you learn all this?
You and attendees from other companies will spend the day going through a year in the life of a fictional project by “Acme Composites”… a company trying to break into the packaging market with its new fiber. You’ll take home two booklets… the entire simulation and a complete set of presentation slides.
The cost is only $1495, and virtually everything you’ll learn will be new to you. Why? Because The AIM Institute built this risk-mitigation methodology from the ground up, after seeing immense waste. Many companies squander millions of dollars because they don’t manage risk properly. When you’re done with this workshop, you’ll know precisely how to avoid this in your business.
Upcoming workshop dates:
(Registration will open about 6 months prior to the event.)
October 11, 20191 - Atlanta, GA, USA -
Register Now »
- April 4, 20191 - Atlanta, GA, USA
- October 3, 20191 - Atlanta, GA, USA
- April 2, 20201 - Atlanta, GA, USA
- October 8, 20201 - Atlanta, GA, USA
- April 15, 20211 - Atlanta, GA, USA
- October 7, 20211 - Atlanta, GA, USA
1. For any of these workshop dates, consider coming 2 days earlier for the Blueprinting front-end of B2B innovation workshop.
Since 2005, The AIM Institute has helped hundreds of teams move their projects forward using New Product Blueprinting. Time and again, we see companies pursuing too many projects with too few people… with project timelines bogging down as a result.
That’s a shame: Each month of delay typically costs the company tens of thousands of dollars in delayed profits.
The AIM Institute can help. When you add our coach to your team, good things happen…
- The AIM Coach can assist with interviews, backfilling scarce resources.
- Team members develop more advanced interviewing skills.
- The team learns “acceleration tips” from the AIM Coach.
- The AIM Coach maintains strong project momentum.
- Delays—from project miss-scoping, confirmation bias, etc.—are avoided.
Could AIM help you accelerate your project?
Why not talk to Scott Burleson about it?
When working for a Fortune 100 company, he led a project team that developed one of their most successful new products. Scott has since helped dozens of teams succeed, sometimes saving them millions of dollars. He’s happy to share his experience in a private call with you.